Monday, June 30, 2008

Port Augusta

Quiet day today as we recovered from the driving over the past two days. We then prepared for the journey ahead. No rush this morning and some people got to sleep in, yes even on holidays in a caravan some people sleep in.

Nothing much in the morning apart from washing, kicking the footy, playing games, kicking the footy, having morning tea and did I mention kicking the footy??

After lunch we had a quick look around Port Augusta, heading for the Australian Arid lands Botanic Garden. From here we were able to get some good views of the Flinders Ranges, we intend to visit this area on another trip.




Then to the water tower to get a birds eye view of the surrounding area. Josh was not too sure about coming down the stairs but in the end we all made it up and down safely.




After that is was grocery shopping ready for the next few weeks. We have heard that it is fairly expensive to buy from here to Alice Springs and so we have stocked up on some of the essentials to get us through.

Back to the van, a roast for tea, watched Black Beauty, a bit of TV and then off to bed.

Gee holidays are good!!

4 comments:

Clare said...

Hey Guys!!!
Sounds like your having fun! What has been your favourite, Taielem Bend or Port Augusta? You probably liked both. Things are good back home, last night it was so windy I could barely get to sleep. Hope your having a good time,
Love Clare

Libby said...

Hi guys, hey this is neat being able to catch up with your news on a daily basis. Have just read days 1-3. My comment on day 3 is for Josh. I am with you about the stairs, mate. Haleigh would have to hold my hand very tight to get me up and down those stairs! You missed and wet and very windy night in Melbourne. Thinking about you all every day. Much love xxxx

The Grigsbeys said...

We are loving reading about your adventures & seeing the phots too!
Wish we were there it looks fantastic. John & the kids left for Mulwala today (Tuesday) & I am left at home working, not sure I like it.
Catch up soon Melis xx

Michelle said...

Sounds like a tough life, this holiday business! Especially like the sleeping-in part - I reckon I could guess who did & who didn't.
I have my exam tonight, and then I'll have my Wednesday nights back (Hooray...). That just means more time to rehearse for panto - we open in 3 weeks!!!
Make sure you get to the Flinders Ranges sometime. Definitely worth it.
And finally, tell Josh to take that horrible stripey jumper off - CARN THE BLUES!
Luv Shelley.